- 1 Vegan Peach Cinnamon Rolls At My Place
- 1.1 How To Make Peach Cinnamon Rolls
- 1.2 How To Serve Peach Cinnamon Rolls?
- 1.3 How To Make Peach Sauce?
- 1.4 Brownie Points Of My Vegan Peach Cinnamon Rolls
- 1.5 Step By Step Instructions To Make Vegan Peach Cinnamon Rolls
- 1.6 Baking Peach Cinnamon Rolls In Air Fryer
- 1.7 Recipe Card Of Peach Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 Vegan Peach Cinnamon Rolls
Vegan Peach Cinnamon Rolls, mildly sweet, bursting with the flavour of peaches and cinnamon, is a light and flavourful snack cum dessert.
These rolls or Peach Donuts, as we loved calling them, can be eaten in your breakfast or as a dessert too.
The usp of these rolls is homemade Peach sauce, which is made using fresh peaches and jaggery.
Vegan Peach Cinnamon Rolls At My Place
I love summers more because of the fruits it brings along with it. The market is flooded with a variety of colourful fruits and so is our refrigerator.
One such day, seeing a number of peaches in my refrigerator, thought of turning them into a dessert. Peach Upside-down cake is loved by all of us but this time I thought of trying something else. Thus after lot of juggling with different ideas, i ended up making peach cinnamon rolls. This was also because I wanted to make cinnamon rolls since long, so this was a good opportunity to pair them together. And these too were a HIT! These were super soft and my husband called these Peach Donuts. As you know, just like apple and cinnamon, peach and cinnamon too are paired in heaven only.
Yes, they were like stuffed donuts, without any need of topping.
Made with whole wheat flour and jaggery, this easy and healthy recipe is sure to prompt you to try it out before peaches say goodbye.
How To Make Peach Cinnamon Rolls
The way I have made these vegan peach cinnamon rolls is very easy and simple. For making the dough I followed my Orange Marmalade recipe only. I made it using both wheat flour and semolina as this combination gives the best results.
While the dough was proofing, I made Peach sauce which is again an extremely easy recipe. I made it exactly like my Apple sauce. And the good thing was that unlike apples, after boiling and mashing, the peels too were pureed beautifully without any need to strain the mix. So, we had the complete fruit in sauce form.
By the time, peach sauce cooled down, the dough also proofed well. And then i just rolled the dough, laid peach sauce along with cinnamon all over it and rolled it into a log. Then discs were cut and baked. Isn't it simple?
I preferred keeping my peach rolls plain only without any icing of cream cheese or any such thing. At the most, I sprinkled icing sugar on some of them, But frankly, that was more from the point of view of making them more attractive and thus can be easily avoided.
How To Serve Peach Cinnamon Rolls?
- Breakfast: My Peach cinnamon rolls are like sweet bread and are thus perfect to be served in the breakfast along with any juice or smoothie.
- Snacking: Pack it in your little one's lunch-box. or serve it in the evening along with a glass of milk.
- Dessert: Drizzle Peach Sauce and serve it with vanilla ice cream.
How To Make Peach Sauce?
I made 2 types of peach sauce, sweetened and unsweetened.
For making peach sauce, remove the stones and boil the chopped peaches for just one whistle. You do not have to peel the peaches. Once boiled, let them cool down and then puree it in the blender. Alternatively, you can use a hand blender if not willing to wait till it cools down.
Unsweetened Peach Sauce: Boil this peach sauce for 3 to 4 minutes as to get rid of excess water, if there is any.And your unsweetened peach sauce is ready. This unsweetened peach sauce can be used as an egg replacer in baking eggless cakes, just like the apple sauce. I reserved some unsweetened peach sauce and added jaggery powder in the other half. You can use this peach sauce in your vegan baking as a replacement to eggs, just like apple sauce.
Sweetened Peach Sauce: After adding jaggery powder, I boiled the sauce for few minutes till jaggery dissolved fully and the sauce thickened a bit. Jaggery lends a beautiful orangish colour to the otherwise light coloured peach sauce. So, try using jaggery only.
How To Test If The Sauce Is Cooked Fully
I also checked the consistency by putting very little sauce on a plate. It cools down in a minute only as the quantity is very less. Now, tilt the plate, if the sauce slides without separating any water then its done. If liquid flows separately then the sauce needs to be cooked more.
Brownie Points Of My Vegan Peach Cinnamon Rolls
|Bursting with the flavours of peaches and cinnamon|
|Made With Wheat flour and jaggery|
|Filled with Peach sauce and fresh Peaches|
|Easy and simple recipe|
|Light and fluffy|
|Serve in breakfast or dessert or snacking|
|More like filled Donuts|
Step By Step Instructions To Make Vegan Peach Cinnamon Rolls
A. Make Dough
- Take wheat flour, semolina, salt, jaggery powder and yeast in a bowl and mix everything. Ensure that your jaggery powder has no grits. If any, then first sift it otherwise it will pop up like blisters after baking and affect the taste and texture of the rolls.
- Add lukewarm water and bring the dough together.
- Add oil and start kneading. Knead it for 10 to 15 minutes by stretching and folding method till the dough becomes smooth and shiny. You need to be patient at this time and just keep on kneading. Soon, the dough will be smooth.
- Take a bowl, grease it with oil. Put the dough in the greased bowl, flip it so that gets greased from all sides.
- Cover it with cling film or lid or just a plate.
- Keep the bowl in a warm place, better inside the Otg or Microwave oven. Do not switch on these appliances.
- Let the dough rise for an hour or so. Keep an eye on the dough 45 minutes onwards. Whenever it gets double its ready to be knocked down. Time varies according to weather, the quantity of yeast used, warmth in the kitchen etc., so, don’t go by the clock but by the size of the dough. It should get double.
B. For Peach Sauce
- Remove stones from the peaches. Reserve 2 or 3 peaches for filling while making rolls.
- Add very little water and pressure cook the peaches for one whistle.
- Let the pressure cooker cool down on its own.
- Open it and puree the pulp either in blender or using a hand mixer.
- Take the pureed peach pulp in a wok and cook for around 5 minutes.
- I divided it into parts as I wanted to make both sweetened as well as unsweetened peach sauce.
- At this stage your unsweetened sauce is ready. If want sweetened then add jaggery powder in half and cook till the sauce gets thick.
- Or, you may do a simple plate test. Put little sauce in a plate. After a minute, tilt the plate. If the sauce leaves water then it needs to be cooked more. If it slides as shown in the pic below then its ready.
- Let it cool down completely.
C. For The Peach Cinnamon Rolls
- Chop 2 or 3 peaches and keep them aside. Do not forget to add some lemon juice in them so as to avoid discolouration.
- Punch the dough to release the gases accumulated therein.
- It's better to divide the dough in 2 equal pieces. This way, it becomes possible to put in more sauce.
- Sprinkle flour on your work surface. Keep one part covered in the bowl only. Put other part of the dough on the floured surface, and spread it into a rectangle using a rolling pin. Roll it thinly, keeping the thickness of the dough only 1/4"
- Ensure that the rolled dough is moving freely and is not sticking to the work surface. If sticking, then dismantle it, put more flour and then again roll it.
- Spread peach sauce all over the rolled dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder and spread it all over using a knife or spatula. Alternatively, you can mix cinnamon with the peach sauce only.
- Put chopped peaches, though its optional.
- Start rolling from the bigger side and form a tight log. Also, showing you the thickness of my rolled dough. It is slightly thicker than a chapati.
- Cut it into about one inch discs. For cutting, you may use a knife or even a thread works beautifully. For this, first put cut marks using a knife , then slide a thread under the roll and then cross it on the point you need to cut. Pull the thread in the opposite directions and it will swiftly cut the roll.
- Cut all the rolls like this. You may have to open up the roll slightly to give it perfect shape.
- Keep these in a greased baking tray. And cover the tray with a cloth.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Apply oil on the rolls. Or, you may milk wash these using any plant based milk like coconut milk or oats milk.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes till you can smell the lovely peach cinnamon rolls and the top gets golden brown.
- Take them out of the oven when golden brown.
- keep the rolls on a wire rack.
- Brush oil and cover with a damp cloth for at least 5 minutes or till it cools down completely.
- Serve in breakfast or as a dessert.
Once you have the Peach sauce and dough ready, other than the rolls, you can transform it into either of the following:
- Babka Bread: Just check my Orange Babka Bread and replace orange marmalade with peach sauce.
- Braided Bread: if not interested in rolls, then twist it into a braid and make Peach braided bread. For full, instructions, please check my chocolate braided bread and replace chocolate with peach sauce.
- Cinnamon Rolls: Make a paste of oil, cinnamon and jaggery powder. Apply it on the rolled dough. Roll and bake.
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls: Replace Peach sauce with Apple Sauce.
Baking Peach Cinnamon Rolls In Air Fryer
- Take out the airfryer basket and proof the cinnamon rolls in it.
- Preheat the air fryer at 180 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Put the basket back in the air fryer and air fry the rolls for 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe Card Of Peach Cinnamon Rolls
Vegan Peach Cinnamon Rolls
Made with homemade peach sauce, these rolls are a must try.
My Cup Measures 240 ml
For The Dough
- 1/2 Cup 70 g Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup 75 g Semolina
- Pinch Of Salt
- 1/4 tsp Instant Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Jaggery Powder
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lukewarm Water
- 1/2 tsp Oil (For Greasing The Bowl)
For Peach Sauce
- 250 g Peaches, Pitted
- 2 Tbsp Jaggery Powder
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Pinch Of Salt
- 4 Tbsp Peach Sauce
- 4 Pc Peaches, Pitted and Chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Oil (For Brushing)
For The Dough
Take wheat flour, semolina, salt, jaggery powder and instant yeast in a bowl and mix everything.
Add lukewarm water and knead it into a dough.
Add oil and knead for at least 10 to 15 minutes till the dough becomes smooth and shiny.
Take a bowl, grease it with oil. Put the dough in the greased bowl, flip it so that gets greased from all sides.
Cover it with cling film or lid or just a plate.
Keep the bowl in a warm place, better inside the Otg or Microwave oven. Do not switch on these appliances.
Let the dough rise for an hour or so. Keep an eye on the dough 45 minutes onwards. Whenever it gets double its ready to be knocked down. Time varies according to weather, the quantity of yeast used, warmth in the kitchen etc., so, don’t go by the clock but by the size of the dough. It should get double.
While the dough is rising, prepare the Peach sauce.
For The Peach Sauce
Remove stones from the peaches. No need to peel. Reserve 2 or 3 for filling purpose later.
Add very little water, around 1/4 cup and pressure cook the destoned peaches for one whistle.
When the pressure settles down, open the cooker and let the boiled peaches cool down.
Puree these in the blender. No need to strain the puree.
Put the peach puree in a wok and cook for 5 to 7 minutes till it coats back of the spoon.
At this stage, either take out half of it as unsweetened peach sauce and add jaggery powder to the other half. Or add jaggery to the whole puree. Do, as suits you.
Add salt, lemon juice and cinnamon powder.
Cook for another 5 minutes. Take little sauce on a plate. After a minute, tilt the plate. If the sauce slides altogether then its done. If it leaves water then cook for some more time.
Peach sauce is ready.
Punch the dough to release the gases accumulated therein.
It's better to divide the dough in 2 equal pieces. Keep one part covered in the bowl only. Put other part of the dough on the floured surface, and spread it into a rectangle using a rolling pin. Roll it thinly, keeping the thickness of the dough only 1/4"
Ensure that the rolled dough is moving freely and is not sticking to the work surface. If sticking, then dismantle it, put more flour and then again roll it.
Spread Peach sauce on the rolled dough.
Sprinkle cinnamon all over and spread it using a knife.
Chop the reserved peaches in small pieces and put these, though optional.
Start rolling from the bigger side and form a tight log.
Using a thread cut the log into discs of about 1 inch.
Keep these discs or rolls in a greased baking tray for 15 to 20 minutes. Do not forget to cover the tray with a napkin else the rolls would dry out. Similarly, make rolls from the other part of the dough.
10 minutes prior to baking, preheat oven to 190 degrees for 10 minutes.
Brush oil on the rolls, covering the sides as well.
Bake for about 30 minutes till you can smell the lovely cinnamon and the top gets golden brown.
After taking out of the oven keep the rolls on a wire rack.
Brush little oil on it. Cover with a damp cloth and let it cool down completely.
Even if you wish to serve warm then also cover with damp cloth at least for 5 minutes. This makes the bread soft.
Serve with love, peach sauce and smoothie optional.
- You can make this bread with all-purpose flour too. Adjust the quantity of liquid in that case as refined flour needs much lesser liquid.
- Use instant yeast only and that too if you are sure of its quality. If not, then proof it first in the warm water. When the water becomes frothy then only knead the dough with it.
- Similarly, if using dry active yeast, then always proof it in lukewarm water. Never add this type of yeast directly to the flour.
- While making peach sauce, you may add jaggery to the whole puree if not interested in having unsweetened one.
- Salt and lemon juice are added to the peach sauce as they lend flavours as well as avoid crystallization of the sauce.
- You can also keep the remaining part of the dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator it remains good upto 24 hours. Next day, take it out, thaw it for half an hour or so. When becomes soft, roll it and proceed to make peach cinnamon rolls.
- You can scale the recipe to double or triple. For doing so, multiply all the ingredients by 2 or 3 as the case may be.
I hope you have liked this recipe for vegan peach cinnamon rolls and will surely try it out for your loved ones. I will be happy if you share your creations on Instagram and tag me #samirasrecidiary there.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Twitter too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!