This Pizza pasta sauce recipe can be used both for making Pizza or Pasta and is much healthier as well tastier than the store-bought one.
If you have Pizza sauce ready with you and making the Pizza is a breeze for you. Similar is the case with Arrabiata Pasta. Just mix Pasta sauce to the boiled Pasta, saute it a little and you are good to go.
Why Make At Home?
You must be wondering that why make Pizza sauce at home when it is so easily available outside? So, look at its plus points given below and decide for yourself:
- Easy to make
- Adjust flavourings as per your choice.
- Gets ready within half an hour
- Healthy by adding a secret ingredient.
- No added preservatives and additives.
- Last but not least, the COMPLIMENTS!
Yes, there is an important feature of homemade pizza sauce. What? Guess... yes, it is the 'compliments'.
Yesterday only I made pizza and my husband said that of course the pizza was good but the best thing was its sauce.
Also, though fresh sauce tastes the best, but you can make this in advance and freeze it for later use.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Yes! This is The Best! I say so for many reasons.
- First of all, it is free of additives or preservatives.
- Its bright red colour is natural without any food colour.
- It brings with it a dash of healthiness.
- And above all, the feedback comments I have received for this sauce says all. Who so ever has tried it is very happy with the result, some of the feedback comments have been given in testimonials at the end of the post too.
- Pizza : Use homemade or store-bought pizza base
- Pasta: For Pasta, saute veggies and boiled pasta a little and mix this sauce. As this sauce has everything, like all herbs and spices, so need to add anything else. Of course, add cheese for the richer taste. You may dilute it a little if required.
- Papdi Pizza: An Easy tea time Snack
- Stromboli : A healthy Stuffed bread
- Pizza Muffins: Savoury Muffins
- Pizza Rolls
- Millet Pizza Without Yeast(Gluten-free)
- No Yeast Pizza
- You can also spread this sauce on your bread slice and enjoy it.
Must Read – Homemade Tomato Ketchup Recipe
- Tomatoes: Since this sauce is tomato-based so obviously the main ingredient is tomato only.
- Onion and Garlic: In addition, we use some onions and garlic too.
- Herbs: It is the herbs that give actual flavour to the otherwise usual tomato-onion mix. Apart from oregano and chilli flakes, garlic and basil give a classic flavour to this sauce.
- Beetroot: And for the colour of the sauce, as it should be appealing, I use, no no... no food colour but the natural red colour imparted by our very dear nutritious beetroot.
And since I use Desi tomatoes for making this sauce, beetroot becomes all the more necessary.
The quantity I have mentioned below is good for 7 to 8 pizzas of roughly 8" or 500 gms (raw) pasta.You can adjust the quantity as per your preference like more or less or no onions.
An Easy Recipe
- It's a very easy and different recipe. I neither blanch nor peel tomatoes. You may do so if you want but trust me no need to do so.
- Simply boil tomatoes, onion and beetroot. Grind. Add herbs, cook a little and that's it.
Tip: One important thing, do not boil garlic. Garlic releases its flavours more when sauteed in oil. So, take care of this.
Step by Step Photos
- Roughly chop tomatoes, onion and beetroot and put these in a pressure cooker.
- Add approx 1 cup (200 ml) water and boil for 2 whistles.
- When cooled, blend it, along with the water in which boiled, in the blender to make the puree.
- In a pan, put oil.
- Add crushed garlic, oregano, chilli flakes, and basil and parsley.
- Saute for 30 to 40 seconds on low flame.
- Add tomato-onion puree, salt, and sugar.
- Cook on high flame for 4 to 5 minutes till the water evaporates, you get the right consistency and the whole house comes to know that pizza sauce is getting ready.
- Lastly, add vinegar, stir and pizza pasta sauce is ready.
- Use as required.
Q) What is the shelf life of this sauce?
- It remains good in the refrigerator for up to 7-8 days (even more in winters)
- For longer storage, pack it in plastic bags and freeze.
- At the time of use, put the plastic bag in warm water for a few minutes to thaw the sauce.
I hope you have liked this recipe of Homemade Pizza Sauce and will surely try it out for your loved ones.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Instagram(#samirasrecipediary) too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!
How To Make Pizza Sauce At Home
Healthy sauce which is good for both pizza as well as pasta.
- 500 g Tomatoes
- 250 g Onion
- 1 Medium-sized (70 to 80 gms) Beetroot
- 2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 2 tsp Basil, Dried or Fresh
- 1 tsp Parsley, Dried or Fresh
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vinegar, Optional
Roughly chop tomatoes, onion and beetroot and put these in a pressure cooker.
Add approx 1 cup (200 ml) water and boil for 2 whistles.
When cooled, blend it, along with the water in which boiled, in the blender to make the puree.
In a pan, put oil.
Add crushed garlic, oregano, chilli flakes, and basil and parsley.
Saute for 30 to 40 seconds on low flame.
Add tomato-onion puree, salt, and sugar.
Cook on high flame for 4 to 5 minutes till the water evaporates, you get the right consistency and the whole house comes to know that pizza sauce is getting ready.
Lastly, add vinegar, stir and pizza/pasta sauce is ready.
Use as required.
Spread it on Pizza base, Homemade or Store-bought
Or, Spread it on Bread slice/ Burger.
- Take care that you do not put beetroot in excess otherwise it will become too pink which may not be soothing to eyes.
- You may use a hand blender to puree it.
- While making puree, you may grind it coarsely or very fine, both are good.
- If using fresh basil or parsley, then chop it very finely.
- It remains good in the refrigerator for up to 7-8 days (even more in winters) For longer storage, pack it in plastic bags and freeze. At the time of use, put the plastic bag in warm water for a few minutes to thaw the sauce.
Stay Healthy…Stay Happy