- 1 Why You Will Love This Recipe
- 2 How To Make
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Some More Indian Fusion Desserts:
- 5 Let's Connect!
- 6 Gulab Jamun Dessert
Gulab Jamun Dessert in a glass is a very easy and simple fusion recipe wherein you serve our dear Gulab Jamun with custard and whipped cream.
It is an awesome fusion dessert to liven up your parties and the best part is that it is too simple to make.
Call it Gulab Jamun Trifle Recipe or Gulab Jamun Parfait, it is an excellent way of serving everyone's favorite Gulab Jamun. Something with which one will instantly fall into love. What do you say?
I made this trifle pudding on Raksha Bandhan for my brothers and nephews. I made it a day before and kept it in the refrigerator. So, the next day, I just had to pick these and go to my mom's place. Also, I made this pudding in use and throw shot glasses so that I could carry these easily.
In this jet age and a world of fusions, what better than serving this fusion dessert? It's appealing, it's appetizing, it tastes awesome and the icing on the cake, oops, Gulab Jamun is that it is a very simple recipe. Basically assembling certain things.
So, why not serve this traditional sweet in a new Avatar that too with a modern touch? A new look that looks appetizing and inviting?
I love layered desserts and some of my favorites are:
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy to Make
- Appealing in looks
- Make-Ahead dessert
- Best use of leftover Gulab Jamun
- The perfect recipe for fireless competitions
How To Make
- Making this layered dessert is really easy. You need only 3 ingredients for this recipe. And those 3 ingredients are custard, Gulab Jamun, and whipped cream.
- You can make Gulab Jamun at home or simply buy it as these are easily available. I too used the readymade ones.
- As I use small Gulab Jamun, therefore just cut them into 2 for use in the trifle. However, if big ones then cut them into 4 or 6 pieces depending on their size and of your serving glass.
- As I used mini shot glasses, I just arranged one layer of each. you can repeat the layers again depending on your glass.
Q) Can I make-head this dessert?
This is the best part of this recipe. You can make it a few hours prior to your party/gettogether. That way, you will be free at that time and can easily serve it to your guests whenever required.
Q) Can I use leftover Gulab Jamuns for this recipe?
As I said it is one of the most popular sweets. So at times, one gets bored of eating the same gulab jamun, and you are left with plenty of these. The makeover of leftovers is the best way to use the leftovers. And this pudding is exactly that. So, give a new look to your leftover gulab jamuns by making this dessert.
Q) Any specific type of Gulab Jamun to be used for this recipe?
- Though you can take any Gulab Jamun but I prefer taking the tiny ones. Sweet shops call these 'Rasbhari'.
- These come in 3 different colors namely white, brown and black. Avoid white and choose from brown or black or maybe both.
Q) Can I substitute custard pudding with ice cream?
- You can. But I have not used ice cream here so that I can make this delectable dessert ahead of party time.
- However, if you assemble this pudding at the time of serving only then of course, you can use ice cream.
- Also, do not freeze if you make with ice cream, because then along with the ice cream, gulab jamun will also freeze and become rock hard.
Some More Indian Fusion Desserts:
So, how did you like it? Isn't this a cool recipe?
I hope you have liked this easy Gulab Jamun Dessert recipe and will surely try it out for your loved ones. I will be happy if you share your creations on Instagram and tag me #samirasrecipediary there.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!
(I am sharing here the method to make this Trifle Pudding as the quantity will vary as to how you wish to serve it.)
Gulab Jamun Dessert