Homemade Chocolate Sauce recipe that gets ready in just 10 minutes and tastes exactly like a store-bought one.
Once you taste it, there is no stopping and it's very difficult to get your hands off it. I too find a reason every day to scoop a spoonful or two.
This recipe of mine is almost 17-18 years old and I have never ever felt the need to change it or to look for something else.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It's just perfect. It is glossy and the texture is awesome.
- It gets ready in just 10 minutes. And the taste... Heavenly delicious.
- Made with cocoa powder as the main ingredient, it tastes exactly the same as a store-bought one.
- One added advantage of making chocolate sauce at home is that you can control the amount of sugar. If need be, you can replace sugar with maple syrup or brown sugar. It is healthy also as along with sugar, honey is also added to it.
Chocolate sauce is so versatile and adds dollops of deliciousness when added to anything.
- Drizzle it on ice cream or on ice cream sundaes.
- Make Chocolate Shake.
- Dip your doughnuts.
- Use for making Little wonders using leftover biscuits.
- Add to your cold coffee.
- Make Chocolate Paratha.
- Decorate Cakes, muffins, pies etc. The list is endless...
You may like to try some other Sauces like:
Step By Step Recipe
- Take the cocoa powder, sugar, honey, cornflour in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Make a paste by adding little water
- Add rest of the water and cook on low flame, stirring continuously
Q) Can I replace sugar with a healthy sweetener?
Yes. Use cane sugar, rock sugar or brown sugar. I would not recommend jaggery as it affects the taste of the sauce.
Q) What is the shelf life of this sauce?
Upto 15 days in the refrigerator. Do not keep it outside the refrigerator.
Thank you for reading this post. I hope you will surely try out this interesting Homemade Chocolate Sauce Recipe for your loved ones. If you try this recipe then do share your feedback. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm to post more good content. Also, if you like this post then feel free to comment in the comment section below. You could share it in your social media circle by clicking little buttons below.
Homemade Chocolate Sauce
A Versatile sauce that goes with cakes, icecreams, doughnuts and much more
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Butter optional
- 3/4 Cup Water
Take a heavy bottom pan and add cocoa powder, sugar, honey, cornflour in it.
Make a smooth paste using very little water, about 1 or 2 Tbsp.
Once the paste is formed, add rest of the water also.
Cook this on low flame for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
Add butter towards the end.
Once slightly thick, switch off the gas stove.
Let the sauce cool down.
Fill in a bottle and keep in the refrigerator.
Use as and when required.
- Adjust sugar as per your taste.
- Add water slowly and gradually to avoid lump formation.
- Keep stirring while cooking otherwise it may get burnt from the bottom.
- Butter is added just to give shine to it. If you don't want then avoid it.
- It thickens on getting cold so do not thicken it a lot while cooking.
- In case, the sauce becomes too thick after getting cold then adjust the consistency by adding 1 or 2 tsp water.