- 1 Healthy Chocolate Truffles At My Place
- 2 What Are Chocolate Truffles?
- 3 Step By Step Recipe
- 4 Let’s Connect
- 5 Christmas Chocolate Truffles
How to Make Chocolate Truffles shows you how you can make a variety of chocolate truffles easily at home. These are made in a healthy way by rolling these in nuts and seeds and various other tempting ingredients. Make these for Christmas or just like that, it easily fits in everywhere.
A very easy and forgiving recipe, so a must-try!
Healthy Chocolate Truffles At My Place
Just a look at the pic above will convince you how chocolate truffles can be made healthily too. Other than sugar sprinklers, I have also rolled them in nuts, dried rose petals, corn flakes, desiccated coconut, seeds etc.
If dark chocolate is not easily available then you can also make Chocolate truffles using Oreo biscuits. I have made them in the shape of Oreo Rolls as well as truffles. And that's again a very easy and no-cook recipe. So, do check that out too!
Also check: Cake Pops: The Ultimate Show Stopper
Chocolates are loved by all and I am no exception. I love chocolates in any form be it plain or fruit n nut or Bounty or Truffle or any other.
I use dark chocolate or chocolate compound for making my chocolates.
I have used chocolate compound in this recipe as it is easier to use. Unlike Coverture, the chocolate compound need not be tempered. Just melt it, either in the microwave or using a double boiler and it is ready to use. Tempering of chocolates requires skill and one needs to be careful while doing so, otherwise you may end up wasting the entire chocolate.
Chocolate truffles are, however, the easiest to make. These require neither any moulds nor melting it in the double boiler.
What Are Chocolate Truffles?
If wondering what exactly is meant by chocolate truffles then these are a variety of chocolate confectionery. These are soft to bite and can be made in a variety of ways.
In this, chocolate ganache, which is nothing but a mix of melted chocolate and cream, is rolled into balls and then coated with various toppings like cocoa powder, icing sugar, nuts etc.
Chocolate truffles are of various kinds like American Chocolate truffles, swiss Chocolate Truffles, French Chocolate truffles etc. You may read more about this here.
Difference Between Chocolate, Truffle And Chocolate Truffles
All these three terms have different meaning and thus this is an interesting read. This has nothing to do with the recipe but sometimes understanding the terms makes a huge difference.
Chocolate is made from roasted and ground cacao seeds. It can be in various shapes and forms, be it melted or paste or in blocks.
Truffle is a type of fungi that grows underground.
Chocolate Truffle is a type of chocolate confectionery primarily made with chocolate and cream and the addition of other ingredients is variable and optional. these are either round or oval in shape. Thus, there are no truffles in chocolate truffle. Isn't it interesting? Then why are these called so?
This is because of their resemblance to the truffle mushroom. Thus, they only look similar but tastes totally different. Truffle is a fungus, the Chocolate truffle is a sweet dessert.
How To Make Homemade Chocolate Truffles?
We can make chocolate truffles as per our liking, adding what we like the most. You can mix any number of things like nuts, biscuits, desiccated coconut, cornflakes, dried fruits etc flavour with cinnamon, rum/brandy and brown sugar. Feel free to adjust the quantity of nuts and biscuits as per your choice.
Then a mix of cream and chocolate is added to it. These chocolate truffles remain soft only because of the presence of cream in it. That's it. This mix is then formed into balls and coated with confetti etc. while forming balls your hands may get little chocolate but that should not be a problem, I think.
These truffles are the easiest to make. Nothing can go wrong with it.
You can make these truffles look beautiful by rolling them in a variety of things.
Especially for Christmas
The addition of rum and cinnamon to chocolate truffles make them apt for the Christmas season. I add either rum/brandy or substitute it with honey depending upon for whom I am making these truffles. If I am making these for children then I avoid alcohol otherwise add rum to it. So, you are free to choose any of the two.
Step By Step Recipe
- Crush biscuits using a rolling pin.
- Roast nuts and crush them.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces.
- In a pan, heat cream. When it starts bubbling around the edges, switch off the flame and add broken chocolate pieces. Alternatively, you can heat the cream in the microwave for 1 minute and then add chocolate pieces in it.
- In a bowl, take crushed biscuits, chopped nuts, raisins, brandy (or rum or honey), brown sugar, almond essence and cinnamon powder. and mix nicely.
- Mix nicely and add melted cream chocolate.
- Mix everything and keep in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take out and form balls.
- Roll these balls in any of the following.
- Serve with love or gift these to your loved ones
- Use white chocolate instead of dark chocolate.
I hope you have liked this recipe for How to Make Chocolate Truffles and will surely try it out for your loved ones. I will be happy if you share your creations on Instagram and tag me #samirasrecipediary there.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!
Christmas Chocolate Truffles
An easy and forgiving recipe where nothing can go wrong.
- 6 Pc Marie Biscuits crushed (See Note 1)
- 1/4 Cup Mixed Nuts Roasted and chopped(almonds, cashews, raisins, walnuts etc) (See Note 2 & 3)
- 1 Tbsp Brandy/Rum/Honey
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar See Note 4
- Few Drops Almond Essence
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Tbsp 30 g Cream (See Note 5)
- 60 gms Dark Chocolate See Note 6
Crush biscuits using a rolling pin.
Roast nuts and crush them.
Add raisins, dates etc.
Break the dark chocolate into small pieces. It is broken or crushed so that it melts easily.
Heat cream in a pan on medium flame.
When starts bubbling around the edges, switch off the flame, add broken dark chocolate, now without mixing, just cover it. The heat of the cream is enough to melt the chocolate.
Till the chocolate gets melted, you do the other preparations.
In a bowl, take crushed biscuits, chopped nuts, brandy (or rum or honey), brown sugar, almond essence and cinnamon powder and mix nicely.
By now, chocolate must have melted, stir until smooth.
Add this chocolate to the dry mix.
Mix properly and keep this in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes or till firm.
Do not try to form balls now as it will be very moist at this stage.
After some time in the refrigerator, chocolate will set partially.
Then form balls.
Now coat these balls with any of the following:
Mix of cocoa+castor sugar+
finely chopped nutsOats/CornflakesDried Rose Petals,
Serve with love or gift to your loved ones...
- You can take leftover biscuits also, provided they are not salty.
- Roasted nuts taste better, however, you can take plain nuts also.
- Add whatever variety of nuts you prefer (or available in your pantry while making these) like almonds, cashews, walnuts, peanuts, raisins, dates, figs, dried apricots, prunes etc.
- You can omit brown sugar, especially if the biscuits are sweet.
- You can take normal dairy cream or heavy whipping cream, whichever is easily available. I used Amul's tetra pack.
- Take dark chocolate compound or dark chocolate, any of the two.