Eggless chocolate muffins recipe without condensed milk or curd but still coming out as the winner recipe with very few ingredients
These chocolate muffins are too delicious to resist. It is difficult to say whether they are easier to make or yummier in taste or completely healthy to eat. If you ask me, I would say these chocolate muffins fit in all the above categories. Try it and you will agree with me fully.
Similarly, Microwave chocolate cake is another quick recipe wherein the cake gets ready in just 5 minutes.
These muffins are a healthy treat for chocolate lovers, as they are made with wheat flour and brown sugar.
These are not only eggless but vegan too. Neither butter nor milk nor curd nor condensed milk has been used. Then what is used? You will be surprised when you will have a look at the recipe. And I bet, you will be more surprised after eating it. So moist, so soft and the best part is that you cannot make out that these are made of whole wheat.
As these muffins are vegan, they are good for those who are lactose intolerant or don’t like milk and milk products.
You can make these muffins just with cocoa powder or with nuts or choco chips. They are perfect if you want to do icing too.
This is the best chocolate muffin recipe. And I say this on behalf of the baker as well the eater. Whosoever bakes these, finds it extremely easy to do so, and whoever eats it finds these the best.
I have forgotten the count as to how many times I have baked these. I remember, whenever my nephew Ayush came to our place, he would say at the gate itself that he could smell the chocolate muffins. Whereas in reality there used to be no muffins. But this was his indirect way of asking me to bake some for him. And then, I would immediately bake these muffins for him.
These muffins get ready in exactly half an hour, starting from making the batter to serving on the dining table.
Earlier I used to make these with all-purpose flour but recently have switched over to Whole wheat flour. Also, I have used brown sugar in this. Definitely, a very healthy version. No change in taste and the recipe, except the amount of liquid, as wheat flour takes more liquid.
A Recipe without Baking Powder
Yes, these chocolate muffins are made without using any baking powder. Only baking soda is used in this recipe, so please take care of this point. Baking powder and baking soda are altogether different ingredients and can not be substituted for each other.
Here, along with baking soda, vinegar is also used. And vinegar reacts only with baking soda. So, please use baking soda only to get the desired results. If you wish to read the difference between baking powder and baking soda then click here.
How To Make
Making these vegan chocolate muffins is really very easy. You just whisk all the dry ingredients first and then add the liquid ingredients. Mix everything. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
Put the batter in the muffin tray and then bake in the preheated microwave for 20 minutes or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
If baking in an air fryer then use aluminum molds or silicone molds or paper cups.
Step By Step Recipe
- Take wheat flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar in a bowl. Whisk well.
- Make a well in the center and add oil, water, vanilla essence, and vinegar.
- Mix everything using the cut and fold method.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Arrange muffin liners in the muffin tray. You can also use aluminum molds or disposable cups.
- Fill the muffin liners up to 3/4th with the batter. No need to put liners in the disposable cups.
- Sprinkle nuts or choco chips or sugar sprinkles on top. Though this is optional.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean. Also, when pressed lightly these should spring back. If not baked fully then they will sink after cooling or will be sticky. So, take care that they are fully baked.
- Cool these on a steel rack. Once completely cool, then store these in an airtight container.
- Serve with love, cold coffee optional.
Q) Can I bake these muffins without an oven?
You can make these chocolate muffins in the oven or without an oven. Yes, make these either in the microwave convection or an Otg or gas stove or in the Air Fryer. Here I am sharing the oven and the air fryer method. To bake in the pressure cooker, click here.
Q) Can I bake a chocolate cake with the same recipe?
Yes, you can bake a cake too using the same recipe. This recipe is perfect for a 6” cake tin. Bake it for 30 minutes or till the skewer inserted comes out clean.
Q) Any substitute for vinegar?
Yes. Use lemon juice in place of vinegar. Replace half tablespoon vinegar with one tablespoon of lemon juice.
Q) Can I skip white sugar and use any healthy alternative?
Yes. You can use an equal quantity of brown sugar or Khandsari sugar or any other sweetener of your choice. If using, jaggery powder then sift it before using it so that it dissolves fully.
Q) Can I replace whole wheat flour with refined flour?
Yes. In that case, everything will remain the same except the quantity of water. You will be requiring approximately half cup water. Also, no need to leave it for 10-15 minutes after preparing the batter. Bake immediately after filling it into the molds.
Some other Muffin Recipes:
I hope you have liked this easy Eggless Chocolate Muffins recipe and will surely try it out for your loved ones.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Instagram for the latest recipe updates.
Eggless Chocolate Muffins RecipeAn easy recipe of eggless chocolate muffins with very few ingredients.
My 1 Cup= 240 ml
- 1 Cup 130 gm Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coffee Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar see Note 2
- 1/4 Cup Oil see Note 3
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 3/4 Cup to 1 Cup Water at room temperature (see Note 4 )
- 1/2 Tablespoon Distilled White Vinegar see Note 5
- In a big bowl, take all the dry ingredients---- flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, coffee powder and sugar. Whisk properly with a fork, so that everything gets mixed well.
- Make a well in the centre by putting all the dry mix towards the wall of the bowl.
- In the well, put wet ingredients---- oil, vanilla essence, water, and vinegar.
- Start mixing everything, very lightly.
- It should be of flowing consistency. Add a little more water, if required. But do not make it very thin.
- Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes. (see Note 9).
- While the batter is resting, do the preparations for baking.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade for 10 minutes.
- Arrange muffins liners in the muffins tray.
- Pour this batter into muffin liners filling each up to 3/4th.
- Tap the tray 2-3 times to release air bubbles, if any.
- Bake for 18-19 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick and check for doneness.
- Take out of the tray and let it cool on the steel rack. ( see Note 11)
- Decorate these with chocolate sauce or gems or silver balls etc.
- Store in an airtight container, up to 2-3 days at room temperature thereafter in the refrigerator
- Serve with love, milk optional.
In Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 160 degrees and then place your muffin moulds.
- Check after 10 minutes. Use a tong to lift cups as it will be very hot. Both aluminium as well silicon moulds can go into the air fryer.
- Please use standard measuring cups and spoons available for baking purposes. Don't use cups in your kitchen as they are of varied sizes. 1 Tbsp = 15 gms 1 Tsp = 5 gms.
- Take normal sugar available in your kitchen. No need to powder it. You can replace white sugar with brown sugar or any other sweetener of your choice.
- Any cooking oil can be used, be it olive or refined or any other. Please avoid oils with strong pungent smells.
- The quantity of water may vary slightly depending on the absorption capacity of flour. Therefore, start by adding 3/4th cup water and increase gradually.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar.
- In the absence of muffin liners, you can also bake these in glass bowls/aluminum molds. Lightly grease the bowls, fill the batter, and bake.
- You can also use paper cups available for tea/coffee. No need to grease muffin liners. Simply pour the batter and bake.
- Salt is added to enhance the flavor of sugar, so go ahead without any doubt.
- Start preheating the oven after filling the muffin liners. This resting time helps in giving a smooth texture.
- Ensure that these are properly baked, otherwise, the top will become sticky after cooling.
- Always let them cool on the steel rack otherwise the bottom gets soggy which in turn will make the top sticky.
- If using a silicone baking tray then keep it on the baking tray before filling the batter in it. This is because it becomes difficult to lift it after filling molds as it becomes heavy.
You can even PIN these Vegan Chocolate Muffins recipe and save to try later!