Heavenly Delicious Strawberry shake recipe is beautiful to look at and too delicious to resist. Made with fresh strawberries and a secret ingredient it is a treat in itself.
My Love for Strawberries
If I ask you to name one fruit which depicts love, then, of course, your answer would be none other than beautiful, gorgeous, heart-shaped strawberries.
Do you know, if Mango is the King of fruits then our cute Strawberry is the Queen of fruits.
I confess that I am madly in love with strawberries and anxiously wait for this time of the year, around Valentine's Day, when we have this lovely fruit around....in the markets, in our homes, in our refrigerators.
I remember, a few years back, when I went to London, berries were in full bloom there... Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries and Cranberries. I just went crazy seeing juicy, bright berries all around. I feasted on these.... courtesy my dear sister in law Mamta Nanda and brother in law Vivek Nanda. They both ensured that I have these berries to the fullest during my stay with them. Thanks so much. I still have those loving memories along with the sweet taste in my mouth.
Apart from taste and looks, this queen of fruits has very good antioxidant properties and is also rich in essential nutrients vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, folic acid and dietary fibre. One more reason to go for it.
The supple light pink colour of strawberry flavoured desserts is so adorable..... be it shakes or smoothies or mousse or ice cream or yoghurt or any other dessert.
- Strawberry Mojito
- Strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- How to Preserve Strawberries
Cafe-Style Strawberry Shake Recipe
I and my family enjoy Strawberry shakes almost round the year... Using fresh in the season and homemade frozen purée when not in the season.
Today, let's make everyone's favourite, super easy to make Strawberry Shake or say Strawberry Milkshake. No doubt, it's the easiest to make.
Want to make it exactly the way we get in cafés or 5 Star Hotels? Or in fact better than that?
What is that secret ingredient that makes this shake class apart?
- Well, the secret is to add loads of vanilla ice cream making it creamy and super yummy. Now, if I don't have vanilla ice cream in my freezer, I just don't go for Strawberry Shake. It is a must-go ingredient.
- Also, remember that it should be blended well in the shake. Not as a topping.
Yes, it does add calories....but then what else do you expect from these sinful berries? Jokes apart, you may reduce the quantity but don't compromise on the taste. Also once in a while it is good to indulge in..... especially when love is in the air... Right?
How about having some berries along with every sip of the shake? Yes, I add little chunks of strawberry in the shake once it is made. After all, if using fresh berries then why not have that freshness all over.
You need to try it out yourself to believe it.
So let's get started and make our heavenly delicious Strawberry Shake...
How to Make Strawberry Shake
1. Puree Strawberries and sugar in the blender for 10-15 seconds.
2. Add cold milk to it and blend for a minute or so.
3. Now, add vanilla ice cream and blend for 30 seconds or till the ice cream is dissolved and the shake gets frothy.
4. Pour into tall glasses.
5. Gently mix chopped strawberries in this shake, so as not to disturb the froth.
6. Garnish with the chopped or whole strawberry.
7. Serve this heavenly delicious Strawberry shake with love and only love.
Strawberry Shake Recipe Card
Strawberry Shake Recipe
Cafe style recipe with a secret ingredient
- 1 Cup 200 ml Cold Milk
- 7-8 pieces Strawberries hulled and chopped roughly
- 2-3 Strawberries chopped finely, for garnishing and mixing in shake
- 4 Tsp Sugar
- 3-4 scoops 200 gms approx Vanilla Ice Cream
Puree Strawberries and sugar in the blender for 10-15 seconds.
Add cold milk to it and blend for a minute or so.
Now, add vanilla ice cream and blend for 30 seconds or till the ice cream is dissolved and the shake gets frothy.
Pour into tall glasses.
Gently mix chopped strawberries in this shake, so as not to disturb the froth.
Garnish with the chopped or whole strawberry.
Serve this heavenly delicious Strawberry shake with love and only love.
- Always use cold/ chilled milk for good results.
- The quantity of sugar may vary depending on the sweetness of strawberries.
Thank you for reading this Strawberry shake recipe.. I hope you have liked it and will surely try it out for your loved ones. When you try it out then do share it on Instagram and tag me too using #samirasrecipediary
If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest too. for latest recipe updates. Thank you!