Papaya Watermelon Smoothie, quick n easy to make, is perfect to start your day as it gives you the right push for the day at the right time.
Unless you have it you can’t even imagine how delicious it tastes. Seriously, this was my first smoothie and was very skeptical as to how would it taste. But voila, when I made it, I was taken aback. I simply loved it and had not one but 2 and a half glasses of it. No sugar, no honey…nothing. It tasted superb on its own. However, as I was not willing to add milk or yogurt, I used watermelon to balance the thickness of papaya pulp. Since I can’t have very thick smoothies so diluted it with little water, I think about 1/4th cup. And it was perfect.
So, start a new habit and add Smoothies in your daily routine, preferably breakfast. And if you are wondering how a smoothie is different from a shake then read here.
Why Smoothie Is A Preferred Breakfast?
Smoothies though can be taken any time of the day but it is a preferred breakfast because of a number of reasons.
- Smoothies are perfect to start your day.
- These are fruit-based and give you the right push for the day at the right time, a quick and easy way to get a healthy dose of your daily nutrient needs.
- As these are best made with frozen/ chilled fruits, so you can chop the fruits in the night, dump them in the refrigerator and in the morning just throw them in a blender with a liquid of your choice, like milk, yogurt or coconut water or simply water. Blend it for a minute and here you have a healthy breakfast. No straining nothing. It is basically fruit pulp as if you are eating fruits. Eating fruits require time but drinking fruits is much quicker. Isn’t it? You can try a lot of combinations of fruits and liquids suiting your taste and requirements. Have it with some almonds and walnuts.
- You can pack a lot of nutrition into one smoothie and get a delicious treat. As long as you stick with healthy ingredients and don’t add extra sweeteners, you can enjoy these treats on a regular basis. Fruits have natural sugar called Fructose but still, if you need to sweeten your smoothie then use honey or dates.
How To Make
Actually no recipe as such. Just take chilled papaya and watermelon, blend them for a minute or so. If required, add little water and that’s it. In case, you end up making more than keep the leftover in the refrigerator for later use. Use more of watermelon. Also, no need to pick out each n every seed of watermelon. These are very soft, blend well and will nowhere affect the taste of the smoothie.
- Yogurt Muesli
- Energy Bar
- Turmeric Golden Milk
- Masala Milk Detox Water
- Difference Between Smoothie and Shakes
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Instagram for the latest recipe updates. Thank you!
- 1/2 Cup Papaya peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 Cup Watermelon deskinned and chopped
- 1/4 Cup Water Optional
- Put papaya and watermelon in the blender. Blend for a minute or so till properly blended. Add water, if required otherwise just leave it.
- Pour it into a glass of your choice and enjoy with a handful of nuts.
- Add honey in case the fruits are not very sweet.
- If the watermelon is not available then add water or coconut water or yogurt or fresh orange juice.