This Mango Popsicle recipe is easy, has a sweet tangy taste, yummy, and totally guilt-free. If you avoid Mango ice cream as it is loaded with calories then this recipe is especially for you!
Believe me, something you must try, because unless you have it you can't believe how heavenly it is.
Mango Popsicle recipe
Popsicles are really fun to eat. The joy of licking a popsicle is unparalleled. Agree? If you are wondering how to make popsicles at home? Then, let me tell you, it's really easy.
If you have a popsicle mold then, of course, it's the easiest. But even if you do not have it, then also, you can make these easily. Just in few more minutes, you will see how to make popsicles at home without molds.
Once you make them these are safe in the freezer, and anytime, you feel like having one, just take it out of the freezer and you're in heaven!
Just like my Fruity Popsicles, even this one is a must-try in the season of mangoes. It's just like mango ice cream but minus calories, cream, and cooking.
Yogurt or Curd is an amazing substitute for cream in making ice cream and gives great results. I have tried Strawberry Frozen Yogurt and this time it's mango!
If you are looking for a vegan recipe, then you should try, Mango Sorbet.
Benefits of Yogurt
Apart from the fact that yogurt tastes good, it has amazing cooling properties which help our body in more than one way and also keep our digestive system in order. Any stomach disorder and the best home remedy is yogurt, either sweet or salty.
How nice were the olden days? A visit to a doctor was a rare phenomenon as our grannies were excellent doctors with the kitchen as their medical store. Nausea, stomach disorders, headache, cold, cough, minor wounds, and many more such ailments were treated very well with spices in the kitchen only. And yogurt or curd occupied an important place.
Before we proceed further, are curd, yogurt, and Dahi the same or different? Yes, curd and yogurt are different but the difference is very minute. For more differences between the two, read here.
Here, for this recipe, we are using homemade thick curd only as a substitute of yogurt and it works perfectly. This is because we get curd much easily than yogurt.
The recipe of these Guilt-Free Mango Yogurt Lollies is a very easy peasy one. All you need is mango pulp and thick curd and sweetener of your choice. You can use honey or powdered sugar or Bura sugar (unrefined sugar). You can use any other fruit pulp too like bananas or berries.
Hung curd is magical and can be used in sweet as well as savory recipes. Some of the recipes that you will love to try are:
(All the below recipes are Fireless Recipes)
- Mango Yogurt
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Frozen Fruit Pizza
- Mango Parfait
- Veg Coleslaw Sandwiches
- Easy Tiramisu
Step By Step Recipe
- Puree mango pieces along with 1 tbsp Boora sugar, salt, and lemon juice.
- Put hung curd in the blender with 1 tbsp Boora Sugar and blitz it for few seconds, so that it becomes a smooth mix.
- Now, you can combine these two and set them in lollies molds or in a bowl.
- Or, add a little of each alternatively in the popsicle molds just to create a pattern.
- In the absence of molds use paper cups. Fill the mango-yogurt mix, cover with foil and insert an ice cream stick when semi-set. When set fully, tear off the paper and your lolly is ready. (I used my mold stick only as didn't have an ice cream stick)
Use any other fruit like banana or strawberries or blueberries in place of mangoes.
Q) I do not have popsicle molds, then how to make these?
No worries! There are two ways you can make these:
- Set this mango yogurt ice cream in a bowl.
- Or, use disposable paper cups. Fill the mango-yogurt mix, cover with foil and insert an ice cream stick when semi-set. When set fully, tear off the paper and your lolly is ready. (I used my mold stick only as didn't have an ice cream stick)
Q) What can be used in place of hung curd?
You can use an equal quantity of Greek Yogurt.
Q) What is Boora Sugar? Can I replace it with some other form of sugar?
Boora is powdered cane sugar and thus unrefined and a healthy alternative to refined sugar. Yes, you can use any other sugar too. But, it would be better if you use some healthy sugar like honey or coconut sugar or Stevia,
Q) Why lemon juice is added to it?
Lemon juice is added to reduce crystallization.
Q) Why do we add salt to this recipe?
Salt is added to enhance the sweetness.
Guilt-Free Mango Yogurt Lollies
Mango Popsicles or Mango Ice cream? A healthy alternative to ice cream.
- 1 Cup Mango Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Thick Curd/Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Boora Sugar/Honey
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Pinch Salt
Puree mango pieces along with 1 tbsp Boora sugar, salt, and lemon juice.
Put hung curd in the blender with 1 tbsp Boora Sugar and blitz it for few seconds, so that it becomes creamy.
Now, you can combine these two and set in popsicle molds or in a bowl.
Or, add little of each alternatively in the popsicle moulds just to create a pattern.
- Use store-bought Greek yogurt in place of thick curd.
- Buy mangoes that are sweet. Avoid sour mangoes.
- Adjust sweetener quantity as per the sweetness of mangoes and your taste buds.
- Avoid adding an essence of any kind to enjoy the real taste of the fruit.
- Lemon juice is added to reduce crystallization.
- Salt is added to enhance the sweetness.