Give a healthy & delicious twist to the regular almonds by making these honey roasted almonds. It is a wonderful healthy snack, which is free of refined sugar. They taste so crunchy and good that you can’t stop at 2 or 3 or 4. Slightly sweet with a tinge of salt they are a super snack.
A very quick recipe with just 3 ingredients. Ideal for munching, gifting and while travelling.
Unlike salted and roasted cashews, these almonds are sweet, glazed with honey.
These flavoured almonds are very much in demand and are easily available especially in readymade gift hampers. So, why not make yourself in a healthy way? I have adapted this recipe from here but tweaked it a lot as per my requirements.
How To Make
- Making honey roasted almonds is a very easy-peasy recipe. No, almonds are not roasted in honey. They are roasted normally either in the oven or air fryer. I prefer an air fryer as it’s quick and hassle-free. In either case, you don’t have to preheat the appliance. Just put the almonds either in the oven tray or air fryer basket and roast for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the almonds are roasted and get crunchy, yes, this is important. The almonds should be crunchy. If not, then roast for some more time.
- Then a mix of honey and water is heated and roasted and cooled almonds are tossed in it. In the process, the roasted almonds are coated with honey and taste sweet.
- But! But the problem is that at this stage these are sticky and thus they taste good but still stickiness is not relished. These are then tossed in a mix of brown sugar and salt. When dried completely, you will have lovely looking and awesome tasting almonds without any sticky feeling.
A. For Gifting
These honey roasted almonds are good not only for any time munching but are great for gifting purposes also. Just pack them nicely and you have a wonderful goodie to be gifted either at festivals or while just visiting somebody. It makes a perfect gift for Diwali, Christmas or Raksha Bandhan as well.
B. For Travelling
- As they do not require much space these are good to be carried while travelling also. Just put them in a ziplock bag and you are good to carry these even in your handbag then you have something very handy to serve to your darlings.
- Since recently on my trip to Prayagraj, along with muffins, I carried these too along with Roasted Cashews. Therefore, as the 3rd-day entry for the Blogging Marathon, I have chosen these Honey Roasted Almonds only.
- Here I would like to share one more thing. My love for travelling and cooking got me featured in of the reputed travel blogs where they published a list of top Indian food bloggers. You may check the details here.
C. Interesting Way To Give Almonds To Children
As parents, we are always keen that our children should consume nuts but the children have the reverse mindset. They find it really a task to chew these nuts and always come up with excuses not to have them. And parents have all the reasons and explanations to persuade them to have at least a few, okay just 5 if not more. Isn’t it? I think except for a few, you all will agree with me.
Step By Step Recipe
- Roast almonds in an air fryer or oven.
- Put the almonds in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 to 12 minutes at 180 degrees. No need to preheat the air fryer.
- For roasting in the oven, spread the almonds in a baking tray and roast at 170 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- After about 10 minutes, the colour would change slightly and your house would be filled with the lovely aroma of these roasted almonds.
- Take them out of the air fryer and let them cool down.
- They get crunchy only after cooling. After cooling if you feel they are less crunchy then roast for a few more minutes.
- In a wide-bottomed pan (Kadhai), put oil, honey and water. Mix them and give a boil.
Tip: Add these in the given order only, first oil then honey and finally water, so that the honey doesn’t stick to the spoon.
- As soon as it starts boiling, toss roasted almonds in it and continue tossing till all the liquid is absorbed and almonds are well coated with honey mixture. It will take somewhere between 3 to 5 minutes. All this while, keep stirring and keep the flame to medium-high only.
- As soon as more or less all the liquid is absorbed, spread these almonds in a plate/ tray just for a minute or two.
- Take brown sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well. Once the almonds are slightly cool, toss them nicely in the sugar-salt mix. Do not let them cool completely.
- Again spread these in a tray and let them cool down completely.
- Once completely cool, store them in an airtight container. Or you may pack these in ziplock bags and carry them while travelling. No need to refrigerate.
- These are excellent for gifting also on various occasions like Diwali, Christmas, Bhaidooj or while just visiting somebody.
Q) How to roast almonds in the air fryer?
- For roasting almonds in air fryer neither preheating, nor parchment paper is required.
- Put the almonds in the air fryer basket air fry these at 180 degrees C.
- In just 10 to 12 minutes they give the aroma indicating that these are perfectly roasted.
Q) How to roast almonds in OTG?
For roasting in the oven, spread the almonds in a baking tray and roast at 170 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Q) Is it fine to use brown sugar? Or shall I use white sugar?
I have used brown sugar here which in fact gave a much better taste as well texture to these almonds. Though I had a lot of inhibitions before using it but now I would strongly recommend it. Apart from the nutrition factor, these render awesome texture to these almonds.
Some More Roasted Snacks Recipes:
I hope you have liked this recipe of Honey Roasted Almonds and will definitely give it a try.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Instagram for the latest recipe updates. Thank you!
Honey Roasted Almonds
My Cup measures 240 ml
- 1 Cup 150 g Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp OIl
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Dry roast almonds. As you know very well by now that I prefer airfryer as far as possible. Just put the almonds in the air fryer basket and run it for 10 to12 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Once the colour changes and you can smell the lovely aroma of the roasted almonds, take them out and let them cool down. They get crunchy only after cooling. After cooling if you feel they are less crunchy then roast for few more minutes.
- In a wide bottomed pan (Kadhai), put oil, honey and water. Mix them and give it a boil.
- As soon as it starts boiling, toss roasted almonds in it and continue cooking till all the liquid is absorbed and almonds are well coated with honey mixture. It will take somewhere between 3 to 5 minutes. All this while, keep stirring and keep the flame to medium-high only.
- As soon as more or less all the liquid is absorbed, spread these almonds in a plate/ tray just for a minute or two. If they stick to each other then separate them as much as you can.
- Take brown sugar and salt in a bowl and mix nicely.
- Once the almonds are slightly cool, toss them nicely in the sugar-salt mix.
- Again spread these in a tray and let them cool down completely
- Once completely cool, store them in an airtight container. Or you may pack these in ziplock bags and carry them with while travelling. No need to refrigerate.
You may PIN this Honey Roasted Almond recipe and save it to try later:
Sending this to Srivalli’s Kid’s Delight event, guest hosted by Renu themed on Travel Food for Kids.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#98
I love honey roasted almonds. It’s a great combination of sweet and nuts with a crunch to it. I love the idea of serving right after muffins and cheese bites, makes it more appealing for kids 🙂
Hahaha… I think as mothers we often look for such tactics.
This is a wonderful recipe for roasted almonds. The honey and salt and sugar combo will surely take the almonds to next level.
Definitely,it does. Thanks for liking it.
I know how addictive these can be. Thanks for reminding me of these addictive almonds
These are addictive, cannot stop with a few. Tempted to make these 🙂
Go ahead… 😊
My kids love these honey roasted almonds..your look so good, I am tempted to make a batch again!!
Honey roasted nuts are mu daughter’s favorite too. They make a great snack when consumed in moderation.
I have done a similar recipe but that did not work completely, would love to try your version. The honey roasted almonds looks like candies and I would love to snack on them
Pl try and do share your feedback.
I tried the recipe today and they came out really amazing. I am now inspired to try this recipe on all kinds of nuts. Any thoughts on adding a little bit of spice like cardamom, cinnamon or nutmeg?
I am wondering how they will come out with a slightly smaller amount (3/4 tbsp) of olive oil.
Thank you so much for liking the recipe and sharing your valuable feedback. Adding spices would be great but that entirely depends on one’s preferences. Also, slight difference in oil should not affect the end result.
Since you are interested, I would like to tell you that I have recipe of Roasted and Salted Cashews in microwave which is made using water and is 100% oil free. Also, there is one of roasted soyabean, roasted peanuts. If interested, can check these too.