Crispy Honey Chilli Potato recipe in the air fryer is absolutely guilt-free, tastes superb and is thus good for all age groups.
Potato fries in this recipe, are neither fried nor coated with corn flour and thus are healthy as well.
Honey Chili Potato or simply, French fries tossed in lots of veggies and sauces with a dash of honey makes a great starter and is loved by all. Whenever we dine out in a restaurant, one starter which my son Shivang has to order is Chilli Potato. He is now an adult but his craziness for these remains the same as what was in childhood. He can have these any day at any time.
Decades back, when I celebrated his Birthdays by inviting his tiny mini friends at home, then one item was normally there and that was Chilli Potato. Actually, that time, we called it Dragon potatoes. It was super hit and children liked it like anything. This recipe was given to me by my friend Reena Gupta. I followed it the way she told me and to date, it remains the same.
The only difference I have made is that now I have started making potato fries in the air fryer instead of deep-frying. This not only makes it healthy but also a lot crunchier. Deep-fried fries get soggy if not coated with cornflour. But, if you are making these in an air fryer then no such coating is required. Also, they remain crisp even when cooled down. Thus, not only oil but even corn flour is cut. The other advantage is of time. You dump these in the air fryer and can do other chores as your hands are free. I just love cooking in an air fryer.
I have already shared the method of making French Fries in the air fryer. You can refer to that too for more details.
Step By Step Recipe
A. For French Fries
- Preheat Airfryer at 200 degrees C for 5 minutes.
- Wash and peel potatoes and cut them lengthwise in the shape of fries.
- Pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
- Toss the cut potatoes in 1 teaspoon oil and put them in the preheated air fryer basket.
- Air fry these for 30 minutes or till golden brown and crisp.
B. For Honey Chilli Potato
- Mix tomato ketchup, soya sauce and sweet chili sauce in a bowl. Mix 3 to 4 tablespoons of water in it and keep this aside. I added garlic powder instead of garlic.
- In the meantime, chop veggies lengthwise.
- In a deep and wide pan, heat oil and add garlic and onions. saute for a while. Then add capsicum and carrots. If using fresh garlic then add at this stage.
- Saut all the veggies on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup mix, which we made in this and cook on high flame for 30 seconds or so
- When it starts bubbling add the potato fries and toss everything so that the fries are well coated with the sauces.
- Add honey, vinegar, sprinkle sesame seeds and greens of spring onions and toss again.
- Serve with love, soup optional.
I hope you have liked Chili Potato recipe and will surely try it out for your loved ones.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Instagram for the latest recipe updates.