Watermelon Slushie Recipe
One of the best summer coolants, perfect to beat the heat.
- Watermelon As much as you like
- Rock Salt As per taste (Kala Namak)
- Remove the rind and roughly chop watermelon.
Put the chopped pieces in the blender and run it for few seconds till it gets pureed fully. No, no need to take out the seeds. And do not add any water while blending.
Strain this juice. Hardly will you get any pulp but its done to get rid of the seeds.
Put this juice in a shallow tray and off to the freezer.
After 4 yo 5 hours (more or less, depending on the weather and your refrigerator) when it is set partially, meaning the top layer is set with liquid beneath it. Take it out, fluff with fork.
Add rock salt and serve. It tastes like ''Chuski'' and is realy very refreshing.
Add salt only at the time of serving. Do not add it earlier else the taste will be spoiled.
Variation: Avoid salt and make it sweet. If the watermelon is too sweet then do not add anything and just semi-freeze its juice. In case it's not so sweet, then add little sugar powder while grinding only. Or you may add Rose syrup instead of sugar powder.
- If the watermelon juice is left for long in the freezer and it gets frozen then leave it on the kitchen counter for a few minutes and then fluff with a fork.
- Alternatively, you can put it in the food processor (or blender) and pulse it for a few seconds. Drinks