Oil-free Roasted Cashews
An easy and guilt-free snack that gets ready much before your tea gets ready.
- 250 g Cashewnuts
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
Put cashew nuts in a microwave-safe dish, preferably a shallow dish.
Sprinkle water on these cashew nuts.
Put in microwave ‘High’ for 1 minute.
Toss and again put in microwave for 1 more minute.
Repeat this process of tossing and running in the microwave for 2 more minutes and your golden roasted cashews are ready.
These are very soft at this stage. Let them cool down for about 5 minutes and crispy roasted cashews are ready to be served.
Along with water and salt, sprinkle Chaat masala also.
Toss so that masala stiks on the cashews.
Roast in microwave oven as explained above.
- Sprinkle water lightly only that too with hands. It may not spread evenly with a spoon.
- If they get too wet, they will get too long to get roasted.
- Water is sprinkled so that salt sticks to cashews.
- After 3 minutes, when you take the cashews out of the microwave oven for tossing, look at the color and decide how many more times it needs to go into the microwave.
- If you find the cashews light brown then put them in the microwave for 30 more seconds. You have to be very careful with time, once almost done, even 10 to 20 seconds also make a difference.
- Do not run the microwave for 3 minutes at a stretch otherwise, the nuts will burn.
- Use only glass/ ceramic bowls. Do not use plastic bowls in the microwave as they are very harmful.