Heavenly Delicious Homemade Strawberry shake recipe is beautiful to look at and too delicious to resist. Made with fresh strawberries and a secret ingredient it is a treat in itself.
If I ask you to name one fruit that depicts love, then, of course, your answer would be none other than beautiful, gorgeous, heart-shaped strawberries.
Do you know, if Mango is the King of fruits then our cute Strawberry is the Queen of fruits?
I confess that I am madly in love with strawberries and anxiously wait for this time of the year, around Valentine’s Day, when we have this lovely fruit around….in the markets, in our homes, in our refrigerators.
Apart from taste and looks, this queen of fruits has very good antioxidant properties and is also rich in essential nutrients vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, folic acid, and dietary fiber. One more reason to go for it.
The supple light pink color of strawberry flavored desserts is so adorable….. be it shakes or smoothies or mousse or ice cream or yogurt or any other dessert.
I and my family enjoy Strawberry shakes almost around the year… Using fresh in the season and homemade frozen purée when not in the season.
Today, let’s make everyone’s favorite, super easy to make Strawberry Shake or say Strawberry Milkshake. No doubt, it’s the easiest to make.
Want to make it exactly the way we get in cafés or 5 Star Hotels? Or in fact better than that?
What is that secret ingredient that makes this shake class apart?
- Well, the secret is to add loads of vanilla ice cream making it creamy and super yummy. Now, if I don’t have vanilla ice cream in my freezer, I just don’t go for Strawberry Shake. It is a must-go ingredient.
- Also, remember that it should be blended well in the shake. Not as a topping.
Yes, it does add calories….but then what else do you expect from these sinful berries? Jokes apart, you may reduce the quantity but don’t compromise on the taste. Also once in a while it is good to indulge in….. especially when love is in the air… Right?
How about having some berries along with every sip of the shake? Yes, I add little chunks of strawberry in the shake once it is made. After all, if using fresh berries then why not have that freshness all over.
You need to try it out yourself to believe it.
How to Make
1. Puree Strawberries and sugar in the blender for 10-15 seconds.
2. Add cold milk to it and blend for a minute or so.
3. Now, add vanilla ice cream and blend for 30 seconds or till the ice cream is dissolved and the shake gets frothy.
4. Pour into tall glasses.
5. Gently mix chopped strawberries in this shake, so as not to disturb the froth.
6. Garnish with the chopped or whole strawberry.
7. Serve this heavenly delicious Strawberry shake with love and only love.
Q) How to make it in the absence of fresh strawberries?
You can use frozen strawberries, otherwise, the strawberry syrup can be used. But store-bought syrups are loaded with sugar so be careful while adding additional sugar into the shake.
Q) Can I make it ahead of time?
Yes, you can make it few hours (3 to 4 hours) prior to serving and keep it in the refrigerator. At the time of serving, it’s better to blitz it again in the blender to have the frothy look.
Q) Any substitute for ice cream in this recipe?
Frankly, no substitute!. But still, if need be, you can replace it with heavy cream.
- Strawberry Mojito
- Strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- How to Preserve Strawberries
Thank you for reading this Homemade Strawberry shake recipe. I hope you have liked it and will surely try it out for your loved ones.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have liked this recipe then do let me know by leaving a comment below. Your feedback fuels my enthusiasm. You may share this post with your dear ones by clicking on the little buttons below. You may follow me on Facebook Pinterest Instagram for the latest recipe updates.
Homemade Strawberry Shake
- 1 Cup 200ml Cold Milk
- 8 Pieces Fresh Strawberries Hulled and Chopped Roughly
- 2 Pieces Fresh Strawberries Chopped Finely, for garnishing and mixing in shake
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 4 Scoops 200g Vanilla Ice cream
- Puree Strawberries and sugar in the blender for 10-15 seconds.
- Add cold milk to it and blend for a minute or so.
- Now, add vanilla ice cream and blend for 30 seconds or till the ice cream is dissolved and the shake gets frothy.
- Pour into tall glasses.
- Gently mix chopped strawberries in this shake, so as not to disturb the froth.
- Garnish with the chopped or whole strawberry.
- Serve this heavenly delicious Strawberry shake with love.
- Always use cold, better if chilled milk for good results.
- The quantity of sugar may vary depending on the sweetness of strawberries.